Make sure to wash your hands before starting the project and clear a space that can get messy. Ensure an adult supervises when pouring hydrogen peroxide. And remember to HAVE FUN!
- ½ cup of Hydrogen peroxide
- A packet of dry yeast (one packet is approx. ¼ oz)
- 3 tablespoons warm water
- Food colouring
- Container (flask if available)
- 1 tablespoon of dish soap
- A tray
- Safety goggles
What to Do
- Gather all your materials and put on safety goggles
- Put container over the tray to catch the mess and have an adult pour the hydrogen peroxide into the cylinder
- Add two pumps or tablespoon of dish soap into container
- Add several drops of food colouring
- Mix your yeast with warm water for at least 30 seconds
- Pour yeast into cylinder and step back to watch the foamy magic happen!
DO NOT touch the foam as it’s an exothermic reaction and is hot! Do not play with the foam due to hydrogen peroxide.