Welcome to Camp Quality Southern Ontario!
Summer Camper Programs
We facilitate a 1-week Overnight Summer Camp Program, hosted at YMCA Cedar Glen Outdoor Centre in Schomberg, Ontario (About 1 Hour North of Toronto). Camp Quality Southern Ontario offers a wide range of programming for different needs and age groups:
- High-Ropes & Adventure
- Arts & Crafts
- Camp Sing-Song
Community Family Programs
Our Community Family Programs are 1-day camp-style events that happen throughout the year for the entire family and our volunteers. Programs in the past have included: Picnics in the Park, Sports Games and more! Our Community Family Programs are currently being offered in Toronto, Mississauga, Burlington, Hamilton.
Please check your emails for upcoming activities.
We look forward to seeing everyone at Camp!
Fun fact, all of our camp programs are free of charge! Now, take a moment to read our eligibility requirements before filling out an application. If you have questions about the application process, contact Dr. Vicky Breaky (Medical Director) at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 1-866-738-8011.
- Children with the following illnesses (and their siblings) are eligible to attend CQ:
- Life-Threatening Non-Malignant Hematological Disorders (not including infectious diseases, bleeding disorders and sickle-cell anemia)
- Marrow Failure Syndromes (including Aplastic Anemia)
- Myelodysplastic Syndromes
- Histiocytic Diseases
- Bereaved Siblings
- Children must be between the ages of 7 and 17* while attending camp for Summer Camp sessions.
- Children must be social, physically and emotionally able and open to group activities, communal living and the camp environment.
- Camp Quality Alumni Campers who are 6 years old may continue to attend camp in 2020.
Camp Quality is an inclusive camp. We have resources to accommodate the needs of campers with serious health challenges, however, not all campers may safely attend a summer camp session. Campers will require a thorough medical review in order to assess each camper’s ability to have a safe, fun camp experience. Please be advised that no child is guaranteed acceptance. Applications are reviewed and acceptance is based on health care needs, space, and staffing ratios.
Camp Leadership Team
Camp Quality Southern Ontario is made possible by a year-round team of volunteers, that plan programs, raise funds, train volunteers and deliver programs.
2020 Camp Leadership Team:
- Camp Director: Laura Calvert
- Assistant Director/ Fundraising Coordinator: Andrea Martinelli
- Medical Director: Dr. Vicky Breaky
- Program Director: Jana Douglas
- Fun Day/ Recruitment Coordinator: Mo Hejazi
- Family Coordinator: Jordan Axford
- Volunteer Coordinator: Adam MArtinelli
- Program Coordinators: Dave Bennett, Alison Oswin
- Secretary: Amelia Scala
- Program Support: Olivia Hartman, Kori Frederick
Questions about medical eligibility? You can reach Vicky, (Medical Director) at, email@example.com
Questions about camp programs? You can reach Laura (Camp Director) at, firstname.lastname@example.org
Interested in Donating to CQ Southern Ontario or Hosting a Fundraising Event? You can reach Andrea at, email@example.com
To reach Camp Quality, call our toll free number 1.866.738.8011.
Important Dates and Announcements
Camp Week 2020: Sunday, August 9 – Saturday, August 15
Our summer program is offered to campers from the following regions:
- Bruce County
- Municipality of Chatam-Kent
- County of Brant
- Dufferin County
- Durham Regional Municipality
- Elgin County
- Essex County
- Grey County
- Regional Municipality of Halton
- City of Hamilton
- City of London
- Niagara/ Grimsby Region
- Huron County
- Lambton County
- Middlesex County
- Niagara Reigional Municipality
- Oxford County
- Peel Regional Municipality
- Perth County
- Simcoe County
- City of Toronto
- Waterloo Regional Municipality
- Wellington County
- York Regional Municipality
Campers outside these areas may not have access to camp transportation, or may live closer to another Camp Quality Camp.
Camp Quality Southern Ontario is Proudly Accredited By:
How Camp Quality Canada Supports Southern Ontario
Camp Quality Canada’s National Support Centre is made up of 6 staff involved in all aspects of establishing and supporting each of our 8 programs across Canada.
While your local Camp Leadership Team is your primary contact for questions, you are also welcome and encouraged to contact the Sr. Director of Programs with other specific questions.
Sr. Director of Programs
416-406-2267 x 106 or 1-866-738-8011
Big thanks to our CQ Southern Ontario donors