Welcome to Camp Quality Northern Ontario!
Our mission is to improve the quality of life for children living with cancer and blood disorders and their families. To accomplish this mission, programs are intentionally designed so participants experience our intended outcomes:
- To foster a sense of connectedness
- To develop competency and mastery
- To gain a feeling of autonomy
Summer Camper Programs
We facilitate a 1-week Overnight Summer Camp Program, hosted at Camp Noronto in Monetville, Ontario. Camp Quality Northern Ontario offers a wide range of programming for different needs and age groups:
- Arts & Crafts
- Camp Sing-Song
Community Family Programs
Our Community Family Programs are 1-day camp-style events that happen throughout the year for the entire family. Programs in the past have included: Science Centre Visits, Swimming, Skating, Reunion, and more! Our Community Family Programs are currently being offered in Kirkland Lake, Sault Ste. Marie and Sudbury.
Please look out for the newsletters for upcoming activities.
We look forward to seeing everyone at Camp!
We want to make sure campers find their perfect spot!
First of all, put away your wallets. All of our sessions are free of charge to campers and their families.
Next, take a moment to read our eligibility requirements before filling out an application. If you have questions about the application process, please email Natalie Ducharme (RN), our Medical Coordinator at email@example.com, or call 1-866-738-8011.
- Children with the following illnesses (and their siblings) are eligible to attend CQ:
- Life-Threatening Non-Malignant Hematological Disorders (not including infectious diseases, bleeding disorders and sickle-cell anemia)
- Marrow Failure Syndromes (including Aplastic Anemia)
- Myelodysplastic Syndromes
- Histiocytic Diseases
- Bereaved Siblings
- Children must be between the ages of 7 and 17* while attending camp for Summer Camp sessions.
- Children must be social, physically and emotionally able and open to group activities, communal living and the camp environment.
- Camp Quality Alumni Campers who are 6 years old may continue to attend camp in 2020.
Camp Quality is an inclusive camp. We have resources to accommodate the needs of campers with serious health challenges, however, not all campers may safely attend a summer camp session. Campers will require a thorough medical review in order to assess each camper’s ability to have a safe, fun camp experience. Please be advised that no child is guaranteed acceptance. Applications are reviewed and acceptance is based on health care needs, space, and staffing ratios.
Camp Leadership Team
Camp Quality Northern Ontario is made possible by a year-round team of volunteers, that plan programs, raise funds, train volunteers and deliver programs.
2020 Camp Leadership Team:
- Camp Director: Danielle Bourgeois-Lapiccirella
- Assistant Director: Caitlyn Kusnierczyk
- Medical Coordinator: Natalie Ducharme
- Fundraising Coordinator: Dan Denoble
- Program Director: Nicole Cast
- Past Director: Allison Andlar
- Family Coordinator: Hallie Prescott
- Volunteer Coordinator: Kelsey Pitre
- Program Coordinators: Matthieu Bonin, Tibby Tonello, Lilly Racine-Bouchard
- Teen Program Lead: Stephanie Kramp
- Treasurer: Angie Wiwczor
- Secretary: Alex Meikleham
- Program Support: Nadine Monette
Questions about medical eligibility? You can reach Natalie Ducharme (Medical Coordinator) at, firstname.lastname@example.org
Questions about camp programs? You can reach Danielle (Camp Director) at, email@example.com
Interested in Donating to CQ Northern Ontario or Hosting a Fundraising Event? You can reach Dan (Fundraising Coordinator) at, firstname.lastname@example.org
To reach Camp Quality, call our toll free number 1.866.738.8011.
Important Dates and Announcements
Camp Week 2020: Sunday, July 12 – Friday, July 17
THE APPLICATIONS ARE NOW OPEN!
Our summer program is offered to campers from the following regions:
- Algoma District
- Cochrane District
- City of Greater Sudbury
- Haliburton County
- City of Kawartha Lakes
- Manitoulin District
- Muskoka District
- Nipissing District
- Parry Sound District
- Sudbury District
- Timiskaming District
Campers outside these areas may not have access to camp transportation, or may live closer to another Camp Quality Camp.
Camp Quality Northern Ontario is Proudly Accredited By:
Providing Quality Programs
How Camp Quality Canada supports this camp.
Camp Quality Canada’s National Support Centre is made up of 6 professionals involved in all aspects of establishing and supporting each of our 8 programs nationwide as well as the training and oversight of all camp leaders.
The Sr. Director of Programs is involved in all aspects of camp and our services. While your local Camp Leadership Team is your primary contact for questions, you are also welcome and encouraged to contact her with other specific questions.
Sr. Director of Programs
1444 Queen St. E., Toronto, ON M4L 1E1
416-406-2267 x 106 or Toll-Free, 1-866-738-8011 x 106
Big thanks to our CQ Northern Ontario Donors