Welcome to Camp Quality Northern Ontario!
Summer Camper Programs
We facilitate a 1-week Overnight Summer Camp Program, hosted at Camp Noronto in Monetville, Ontario. Camp Quality Northern Ontario offers a wide range of programming for different needs and age groups:
- Arts & Crafts
- Camp Sing-Song
Community Family Programs
Our Community Family Programs are 1-day camp-style events that happen throughout the year for the entire family. Programs in the past have included: Science Centre Visits, Swimming, Skating, Reunion, and more! Our Community Family Programs are currently being offered in Kirkland Lake, Sault Ste. Marie and Sudbury.
Please look out for the newsletters for upcoming activities.
We look forward to seeing everyone at Camp!
Fun fact, all of our camp programs are free of charge! Now, take a moment to read our eligibility requirements before filling out an application. If you have questions about the application process, please email Natalie Ducharme (RN), our Medical Coordinator at firstname.lastname@example.org, or call 1-866-738-8011.
- Children with the following illnesses (and their siblings) are eligible to attend CQ:
- Life-Threatening Non-Malignant Hematological Disorders (not including infectious diseases, bleeding disorders and sickle-cell anemia)
- Marrow Failure Syndromes (including Aplastic Anemia)
- Myelodysplastic Syndromes
- Histiocytic Diseases
- Bereaved Siblings
- Children must be between the ages of 7 and 17* while attending camp for Summer Camp sessions.
- Children must be social, physically and emotionally able and open to group activities, communal living and the camp environment.
- Camp Quality Alumni Campers who are 6 years old may continue to attend camp in 2020.
Camp Quality is an inclusive camp. We have resources to accommodate the needs of campers with serious health challenges, however, not all campers may safely attend a summer camp session. Campers will require a thorough medical review in order to assess each camper’s ability to have a safe, fun camp experience. Please be advised that no child is guaranteed acceptance. Applications are reviewed and acceptance is based on health care needs, space, and staffing ratios.
Camp Leadership Team
Camp Quality Northern Ontario is made possible by a year-round team of volunteers, that plan programs, raise funds, train volunteers and deliver programs.
2020 Camp Leadership Team:
- Camp Director: Danielle Bourgeois-Lapiccirella
- Assistant Director: Caitlyn Kusnierczyk
- Medical Coordinator: Natalie Ducharme
- Fundraising Coordinator: Kathryn Kettle
- Program Director: Nicole Cast
- Past Director: Allison Andlar
- Family Coordinator: Hallie Prescott
- Volunteer Coordinator: Kelsey Pitre
- Program Coordinators: Matthieu Bonin, Tibby Tonello, Lilly Racine-Bouchard
- Teen Program Lead: Stephanie Kramp
- Secretary: Alex Meikleham
- Program Support: Nadine Monette
Questions about medical eligibility? You can reach Natalie Ducharme (Medical Coordinator) at email@example.com
Questions about camp programs? You can reach Danielle (Camp Director) at firstname.lastname@example.org
Interested in Donating to CQ Northern Ontario or Hosting a Fundraising Event? You can reach Kathryn (Fundraising Coordinator) at email@example.com
To reach Camp Quality, call our toll free number 1.866.738.8011.
Important Dates and Announcements
Stay Tuned for Upcoming Virtual Programs
Our summer program is offered to campers from the following regions:
- Algoma District
- Cochrane District
- City of Greater Sudbury
- Haliburton County
- City of Kawartha Lakes
- Manitoulin District
- Muskoka District
- Nipissing District
- Parry Sound District
- Sudbury District
- Timiskaming District
Campers outside these areas may not have access to camp transportation, or may live closer to another Camp Quality Camp.
Camp Quality Northern Ontario is Proudly Accredited By:
How Camp Quality Canada supports Northern Ontario
Camp Quality Canada’s National Support Centre is made up of 6 staff involved in all aspects of establishing and supporting each of our 8 programs across Canada.
While your local Camp Leadership Team is your primary contact for questions, you are also welcome and encouraged to contact the Sr. Director of Programs with other specific questions.
Sr. Director of Programs
416-406-2267 x106 or 1-866-738-8011
Big thanks to our CQ Northern Ontario Donors