Welcome to Camp Quality New Heights!
Summer Camper Program
We facilitate a 1-week Overnight Summer Camp Program for Teens 14-17 years old, hosted at Bark Lake Leadership & Conference Centre in Minden Ontario.
Camp Quality New Heights offers a uniquely tailored program for Teens affected by cancer, that is different from our typical summer camp programs. Programming is intentionally designed for the 15-17 year old developmental age group. Although New Heights campers will be able to experience some typical camp activities offered at other camp programs, most activities tend designed to foster individual growth and leadership skills. Camp Quality New Heights offers a wide range of programming for different needs and age groups:
- Scavenger Hunt
- Arts & Crafts
- Variety Show
- LIT Program (Offered for 17 Y/O Campers)
- High-Ropes Activities
Fun fact, all of our camp programs are free of charge! Now, take a moment to read our eligibility requirements before filling out an application. If you have questions about the application process, please email Stacey Jewett (RN, BScN, MN.), our Medical Coordinator at email@example.com, or call 1-866-738-8011.
- Children with the following illnesses (and their siblings) are eligible to attend CQ:
- Life-Threatening Non-Malignant Hematological Disorders (not including infectious diseases, bleeding disorders and sickle-cell anemia)
- Marrow Failure Syndromes (including Aplastic Anemia)
- Myelodysplastic Syndromes
- Histiocytic Diseases
- Bereaved Siblings
- Children must be between the ages of 14 and 17 while attending camp for Summer Camp sessions.
- Children must be social, physically and emotionally able and open to group activities, communal living and the camp environment.
Camp Quality is an inclusive camp. We have resources to accommodate the needs of campers with serious health challenges, however, not all campers may safely attend a summer camp session. Campers will require a thorough medical review in order to assess each camper’s ability to have a safe, fun camp experience. Please be advised that no child is guaranteed acceptance. Applications are reviewed and acceptance is based on health care needs, space, and staffing ratios.
Camp Leadership Team
Camp Quality New Heights is made possible by a year-round team of volunteers, that plan programs, raise funds, train volunteers and deliver programs.
2020 Camp Leadership Team:
- Camp Director: Veronica Charette
- Assistant Director: Dene Lepine
- Medical Coordinator: Stacey Jewett
- Volunteer Coordinator: Kayla Bazzana
- Family Coordinator: Katrina Villeneuve
- Program Coordinator: Tyler Pettenuzzo
- Program Coordinator: Jenni Beharry
- Social Media Coordinator/ Secretary: Jade Huffman
Questions about medical eligibility? You can reach Stacey Jewett (Medical Coordinator) at, firstname.lastname@example.org
Questions about camp programs? You can reach Veronica (Camp Director) at, email@example.com
To reach Camp Quality, call our toll free number 1.866.738.8011.
Important Dates and Announcements
PLEASE NOTE DUE TO COVID-19 CAMP QUALITY NEW HEIGHTS HAS POSTPONED IT’S CAMP WEEK UNTIL JULY 26-JULY 30, 2020
Camp Quality New Heights serves Teens from all across Canada. Transportation costs (including flights) to camp are covered for campers.
How Camp Quality Canada Supports New Heights
Camp Quality Canada’s National Support Centre is made up of 6 staff involved in all aspects of establishing and supporting each of our 8 programs across Canada.
While your local Camp Leadership Team is your primary contact for questions, you are also welcome and encouraged to contact the Sr. Director of Programs with other specific questions.
416-406-2267 x106 or 1-866-738-8011
Big thanks to our CQ New Heights Donors