Welcome to Camp Quality Manitoba!
Our mission is to improve the quality of life for children living with cancer and blood disorders and their families. To accomplish this mission, programs are intentionally designed so participants experience our intended outcomes:
- To foster a sense of connectedness
- To develop competency and mastery
- To gain a feeling of autonomy
Summer Camper Programs
We facilitate a 1-week Overnight Summer Camp Program, hosted at Variety’s Camp Brereton in Whiteshell Provincial Park, about two hours northeast of Winnipeg. Camp Quality Manitoba offers a wide range of programming for different needs and age groups:
- Arts & Crafts
- Sports & Games
- Accessible Playground
- All-Camp Theme Activities
- Camp Sing-Song
Community Family Programs
Our Community Family Programs are camp-style events that happen throughout the year for the entire family. Programs in the past have included: Family Camp Weekend, Sports Games, Reunions and more!
Our Community Family Programs are currently being offered in Winnipeg and surrounding area.
Please look out for the newsletters for upcoming activities.
We look forward to seeing everyone at Camp!
We want to make sure campers find their perfect spot!
First of all, put away your wallets. All of our sessions are free of charge to campers and their families.
Next, take a moment to read our eligibility requirements before filling out an application. If you have questions about the application process, please email Laura Friesen (RN), our Medical Coordinator at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 1-866-738-8011.
- Children with the following illnesses (and their siblings) are eligible to attend CQ:
- Life-Threatening Non-Malignant Hematological Disorders (not including infectious diseases, bleeding disorders and sickle-cell anemia)
- Marrow Failure Syndromes (including Aplastic Anemia)
- Myelodysplastic Syndromes
- Histiocytic Diseases
- Bereaved Siblings
- Children must be between the ages of 7 and 17* while attending camp for Summer Camp sessions.
- Children must be social, physically and emotionally able and open to group activities, communal living and the camp environment.
- Camp Quality Alumni Campers who are 6 years old may continue to attend camp in 2020.
Camp Quality is an inclusive camp. We have resources to accommodate the needs of campers with serious health challenges, however, not all campers may safely attend a summer camp session. Campers will require a thorough medical review in order to assess each camper’s ability to have a safe, fun camp experience. Please be advised that no child is guaranteed acceptance. Applications are reviewed and acceptance is based on health care needs, space, and staffing ratios.
Camp Leadership Team
Camp Quality Manitoba is made possible by a year-round team of volunteers, that plan programs, raise funds, train volunteers and deliver programs.
2020 Camp Leadership Team:
- Camp Director: Ainsley Kullman
- Assistant Director: Annette Bouchard
- Medical Coordinator: Laura Friesen
- Program Coordinator: Nicole Bouchard
- Media Coordinator: Kaitlin Reilly
- Volunteer Coordinator: Taylor Thorkelsson
- Family Coordinator: Michaela Tymchynshyn
- Program Coordinator: Barb Tymchynshyn
- Fundraising Coordinator: Lois Weidman
- Secretary: Keagan Rowan
- Program Coordinator: Kristin Vielhaber
Questions about medical eligibility? You can reach Laura (Medical Coordinator) at, email@example.com
Questions about camp programs? You can reach Ainsley (Camp Director) at, firstname.lastname@example.org
Box 158, 30 – 360 Main St.
Winnipeg, MB R3C 3Z8
Important Dates and Announcements
Camp Week 2020: Sunday, August 9 – Friday, August 14.
THE APPLICATIONS ARE NOW OPEN!
Camp Quality Manitoba is Proudly Accredited By:
Providing Quality Programs
How Camp Quality Canada supports this camp.
Camp Quality Canada’s National Support Centre is made up of 6 professionals involved in all aspects of establishing and supporting each of our 8 programs nationwide as well as the training and oversight of all camp leaders.
The National Program Manager is involved in all aspects of camp and our services. While your local Camp Leadership Team is your primary contact for questions, you are also welcome and encouraged to contact the Program Manager with other specific questions.
416-406-2267 x106 or 1-866-738-8011
Big thanks to our CQ Manitoba Donors
Camp Brereton Generously Donated by: