Welcome to Camp Quality Eastern Ontario!
Our mission is to improve the quality of life for children living with cancer and blood disorders and their families. To accomplish this mission, programs are intentionally designed so participants experience our intended outcomes:
- To foster a sense of connectedness
- To develop competency and mastery
- To gain a feeling of autonomy
Summer Camper Programs
We facilitate a 1-week Overnight Summer Camp Program, hosted at Providence Point in Lanark, Ontario (1 Hour Southwest of Ottawa). Camp Quality Eastern Ontario offers a wide range of programming for different needs and age groups:
- Arts & Crafts
- Camp Sing-Song
Community Family Programs
Our Community Family Programs are 1-day camp-style events that happen throughout the year for the entire family and our volunteers. Programs in the past have included: Museums visits, Swimming, Outdoor Activities and more! Our Community Family Programs are currently being offered in Ottawa and surrounding area.
Please check your emails for upcoming activities.
We look forward to seeing everyone at Camp!
We want to make sure campers find their perfect spot!
First of all, put away your wallets. All of our sessions are free of charge to campers and their families.
Next, take a moment to read our eligibility requirements before filling out an application. If you have questions about the application process, our Megan Vizena, Family Coordinator at email@example.com or Nicole Wayling, Camp Nurse (firstname.lastname@example.org) or call 1-866-738-8011.
- Children with the following illnesses (and their siblings) are eligible to attend CQ:
- Life-Threatening Non-Malignant Hematological Disorders (not including infectious diseases, bleeding disorders and sickle-cell anemia)
- Marrow Failure Syndromes (including Aplastic Anemia)
- Myelodysplastic Syndromes
- Histiocytic Diseases
- Bereaved Siblings
- Children must be between the ages of 7 and 17* while attending camp for Summer Camp sessions.
- Children must be social, physically and emotionally able and open to group activities, communal living and the camp environment.
- Camp Quality Alumni Campers who are 6 years old may continue to attend camp in 2020.
Camp Quality is an inclusive camp. We have resources to accommodate the needs of campers with serious health challenges, however, not all campers may safely attend a summer camp session. Campers will require a thorough medical review in order to assess each camper’s ability to have a safe, fun camp experience. Please be advised that no child is guaranteed acceptance. Applications are reviewed and acceptance is based on health care needs, space, and staffing ratios.
Camp Leadership Team
Camp Quality Eastern Ontario is made possible by a year-round team of volunteers, that plan programs, raise funds, train volunteers and deliver programs.
2020 Camp Leadership Team:
- Camp Director: Sarah ter Huurne
- Assistant Director and Media & Marketing: Kristy Boisvert
- Medical Coordinator: Nicole Wayling
- Fundraising Coordinators: Amanda Demers and Paula ter Huurne
- Program Team: Donna Adams, Koby Hanrahan, Patrick Romain, Trevor Sharp, and Merina Shulist
- Family Coordinators Megan Vizena & Amanda Demers
- Volunteer Coordinator: Andie Smith & Brooke Slepanki
- Secretary: Melissa Sharp
- Event Coordinator: Paula ter Huurne
- Camp Logistics Support: Vinnie Paolucci
- Volunteer Representatives: Dan McKay and Courtney Stafford
Questions about medical eligibility? You can reach Nicole, (Medical Coordinator) at, email@example.com
Questions about camp programs? You can reach Sarah (Camp Director) at, firstname.lastname@example.org.
Interested in Donating to CQ Eastern Ontario or Hosting a Fundraising Event? You can reach Amanda (Fundraising Coordinator) at, email@example.com
To reach Camp Quality, call our toll free number 1.866.738.8011.
Important Dates and Announcements
Camp Week 2020: Saturday, August 8 – Friday, August 14
THE APPLICATIONS ARE NOW OPEN!
APPLY TO CAMP
Our summer program is offered to campers from the following regions:
- Frontenac County
- Hastings County
- Lanark County
- Leeds and Grenville
- Lennox and Addington County
- Northumberland County
- Peterborough Country
- Prescott and Russell
- Price Edward County
- Renfrew County
- Stormont, Dundas and Glengarry
- Quebec, Gatineau
Campers outside these areas may not have access to camp transportation, or may live closer to another Camp Quality Camp.
Camp Quality Eastern Ontario is Proudly Accredited By:
Providing Quality Programs
How Camp Quality Canada supports this camp.
Camp Quality Canada’s National Support Centre is made up of 6 professionals involved in all aspects of establishing and supporting each of our 8 programs nationwide as well as the training and oversight of all camp leaders.
The Sr. Director of Programs is involved in all aspects of camp and our services. While your local Camp Leadership Team is your primary contact for questions, you are also welcome and encouraged to contact her with other specific questions.
Sr. Director of Programs
1444 Queen St. E., Toronto, ON M4L 1E1
416-406-2267 x 106 or Toll-Free, 1-866-738-8011 x 106
Big thanks to our CQ Eastern Ontario donors